Do you want to be part of a tech company in rapid development? Are you looking for a high profile and versatile job with exciting challenges?
As our Vice President, Branded Content, you will be part of a for-profit company with a clear mission and a very passionate, purpose driven, skilled, professional team of colleagues working committedly in providing universal and affordable internet to remote areas in developing countries.
BLUETOWN — headquartered in Copenhagen — is a Danish company with a mission to bring our state-of-the-art internet tech solutions to the people of the third world to improve the prerequisites for education, health, jobs, bank services, agriculture, and governance. With our many global and local partners and investors we have installed our communications solutions in several countries in Africa as well as in India and US, ensuring millions of people in rural areas affordable access to information.
Our VP, Branded Content
As VP, Branded Content, you will define, lead and strengthen BLUETOWN’s presence as a trusted and preferred media partner/channel for delivering creative and tailormade Branded Content solutions to both local and global companies as well as governmental bodies etc. that needs to “broadcast” information to marketplace, whether it is of commercial or non-commercial purpose. As part of our scaling strategy and initial focus, Ghana will be the first step in developing and building the Branded Content concept.
The Branded Content strategy plays a central role in the realization of our overall strategy of delivering affordable internet. You will be part of BLUETOWN’s leadership team and report to our CEO and work closely together with the entire leadership team to identify, evaluate, attract, and execute business opportunities within Branded Content.
- Responsible for transforming the media platforms at BLUETOWN’s network in Ghana to a profitable Branded Content platform that is well positioned on the market.
- Responsible for developing a Branded Content strategy, vision, messaging, and marketing strategy as well as meeting the sales targets
- Develop a go-to-market strategy, business plan, forecasts and identify potential partners and customers.
- Negotiate cooperation and partnership agreements on all levels with local and global companies and organizations.
- Interact with major established BLUETOWN partners regarding Branded Content and potentials.
- Manage and report sales pipeline and budget.
- Identify, secure and nurture successful long-term brand partnerships that elevate the brand.
- Cooperation with external partners of production, creative agencies, influencer agency, PR agency, media agency to be able to deliver full-service opportunities to clients if needed.
- Keep track of all available local public statistics. Leverage industry insights, marketing research, and client intelligence to make BLUETOWN’s Branded Content a trusted partner.
- Develop “best practice” business cases.
- Based on the experience and success in Ghana, develop a scalable growth strategy for other markets where BLUETOWN is already present.
- Previous experience with Branded Content, commercial advertising media, marketing, and creative formats are required as well as experience with media effect and documentation.
- Basic technical understanding, and the ability to collaborate with our technical team to scope and define the future solution platform.
- Experienced in selling complex media and communications solutions on all levels based on deep insights into the market and the customers of your clients.
- A background in media or advertising.
- Solid leadership experience — good people skills and excellent communication skills.
- Commercial mindset — able to identify and conceptualize commercial solutions based on strong marketing and customer insights.
- Strong interpersonal skills — with the ability to lead, motivate and influence internally and externally.
- Highly innovative and with positive energy.
- Able to analyze, see business opportunities — and execute.
- Willing to travel ( domestic + international ).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business or Marketing or similar.
- 5 + years in sales, marketing or media.
- Experience with sales in foreign markets ( Africa / India ).
Send us your CV no later than January 15
For further information please contact:
Jan Maagaard (firstname.lastname@example.org / +45 2712 0782)
or send/download your application HERE
BLUETOWN is a global Internet and content service provider founded with a mission of connecting the unconnected to the internet. We do so by combining new business models with innovative technological solutions. We are headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark with local offices in India, Ghana, and Silicon Valley and aim to expand our activities across South Asia, Africa and Latin America in the coming years, connecting millions of people to the Internet — many for the very first time. BLUETOWN is looking for people who are motivated by our mission of connecting the unconnected and who can help mature our solutions and contribute to our ambitious growth strategy in some of the world’s most fast-growing, but also challenging markets and demanding physical environments for connectivity solutions. As part of BLUETOWN your work will contribute to helping people in low-income areas worldwide get connected to the internet, and thereby provide access to today’s most powerful tool for change. 46 % of the global population does not have access to the Internet — join our team to close the gap !